By Warren Bobrow @warrenbobrow
Coffee and cream may sound like a mundane way to start your day, but to many it is the essential way. Taking this daily beverage quite a bit further by adding a generous portion of THC infused Rhum Agricole Vieux which is Aged rhum Agricole from the island of Martinique, now we’re getting lit up!
Down Island is the way sailors discuss the lower chain of islands in the Caribbean that include the French protectorates, Guadeloupe and Martinique. French is spoken as the primary language on these islands and Martinique possesses an AOC – appellation d’origine contrôlée for their very specific Rhum. This Rhum is not distilled from molasses. It is distilled from intensely perfumed, freshly crushed sugar cane juice. Anyone who has been to a Vietnamese restaurant and ordered a sugar cane drink is aware of this delicately sweet, food-friendly drink. In Martinique, they distill their Rhum Agricole (Agricultural Rhum) with this enchanting juice.
The end result is aged in used American Bourbon or French Oak. Sometimes with the lighter verities, they rest for a couple days in stainless, are filtered and then bottled at fifty percent alcohol or more!
For this breakfast cocktail I recommend using a land-race strain or some type of low THC strain so as to allow you to function after imbibing this hard to forget sultry sipper.
The sum of the parts for this little cocktail is quite simple. First, I infuse a 750ml bottle of Rhum Vieux Agricole like St. James or Clement from Martinique with at least an ounce of the finest cannabis that money can procure. This may seem like a lot of weed in a bottle of liquor and you’d be absolutely correct. Each cocktail will have anywhere between fifty and a hundred mgs of decarbed THC, so they are certainly not for beginners. Don’t drink too many at one sitting least you get destroyed, they’re quite potent. Ask me. I know.
- 1 oz. non-medicated heavy cream or whipping cream, lightly folded until thick but not whipped
- 1.5 oz. Cannabis infused Rhum Vieux Agricole
- 4 oz. Strong Black Coffee or Espresso or Turkish Cardamom Coffee
- Scraping of fresh nutmeg
- Angostura Bitters
- Demerara Sugar to taste
- Preheat a sturdy mug with boiling water
- Pour out the boiling water
- Add the steaming hot coffee
- Bartender style, pour the THC infused Rhum Vieux Agricole over the coffee, keep pouring…
- Fold the heavy cream over the top
- Dot with Angostura – for your gut health
- Scrape some fresh nutmeg over the top
- Sweeten to taste
- Serve and prepare another for later… It’s wonderful iced. And yes, it will get you really stoned.