Even if you’re not drinking it yourself, there’s something inherently refreshing about watching Vietnamese street vendors crush freshly cut sugarcane into brimming glasses of the aromatic juice known as nur’ó’c mía. The juice’s sultry flavor is strangely reminiscent of Rhum Agricole from Martinique—and even of Brazil’s potent patron spirit, cachaça—just minus the alcohol. Now you can make a medicated version at home. Just top up sugarcane juice with a dose of your THC-Infused Condensed Milk: it’ll invigorate you right down to your toes. Make your condensed milk with a Sativa strain, which promotes mental clarity and focus, such as Asian Fantasy. Its spice- and grape-tinged aromatics complement both the sugarcane juice and the rich, sweet milk.
- Coconut Water Ice Cubes
- 6 Ounces (180 Ml) Nur’ó’c Mía (Fresh Sugarcane Juice), Chilled
- 2 Ounces (60 Ml) THC-Infused Condensed Milk (See Recipe)
- Thai Basil Leaves, For Garnish
- Fill a Collins glass with coconut water ice cubes.
- Add the sugarcane juice, and
- top with the THC-Infused Condensed Milk.
- Mix gently. Garnish with a leaf or two of Thai basil.
- Add a colorful straw, and serve immediately.
Recipe taken from Cannabis Cocktails, Mocktails & Tonics by Warren Bobrow. Available in Indie Bookstores, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Indigo Books.