The FreshToast, Julien Perry
For many, Labor Day weekend signals the last hurrah. The end of summer. The beginning of fall. The start of a new school year. For the rest of us, it signals another reason to drink.
- 2 oz Mezan XO Jamaican rum
- 4 oz coconut water
- 2-3 dashes Peychaud bitters – bright red in color
- Splash seltzer
- Fresh mint
- Coconut water ice (frozen coconut water)
- Add coconut water ice to a tall glass
- Add coconut water
- Pour Mezan over the top
- Add Peychaud’s
- Slap mint (to release the fragrant oils) and garnish
If you drink a few too many of these, Bobrow has just the cure — New Orleans style. It’s a milk punch that could not be quicker to pull together. Here’s what you do: mix together equal parts brandy, simple syrup, vanilla, heavy cream, milk, ice, and nutmeg. Shake. Serve. And then remember that your hangover is proof that you lived up the last days of summer like someone who was never going to see the sun again.
PLEASE READ MORE @ https://thefreshtoast.com/drink/heres-perfect-cocktail-bid-adieu-summer/amp