- 1 brown sugar cube
- several dashes of lemon bitters
- 1⁄2 ounce (15 ml) botanical gin
- 2 ounces (60 ml) squire’s strawberry-rhubarb shrub (recipe follows)
- 1 1⁄2 ounces (45 ml) champagne or dry sparkling wine
- l long lemon zest twist
Add the sugar cube to a champagne flute, and moisten with the lemon bitters. Then add the gin and the Squire’s Strawberry-Rhubarb Shrub, and top with champagne. Garnish with a long lemon zest twist. Note: To prepare this flute, combine very finely chopped lemon zest and sugar, wet the rim of the glass with lemon, and dip the glass into yellow-colored sugar. Voila!
– See more at: http://drinkwire.liquor.com/post/the-squires-shrub-cocktail#gs.NOg0Xtg