This drink is made for breakfast. It’s also very effective before lunch, after a meal and just before retiring for the night. It’s not your typical sleep elixir, far from it. But what it does offer is a measure of civility. It’s understood in countries that hold coffee as part of their day-to-day motion, that a cannabis infused “Turkish” coffee would be especially delicious. I think cardamom and anisette notes when I sip Turkish coffee. Now add to the folds of flavor dripping slurps of oily cannabutter. The decarbed cannabis layering flavors of flaky brioche toast and raspberry fruit jam smeared upon the bittersweet quality of the smoky coffee. Turkish coffee is enjoyed around the clock. This unique recipe should be savored instead of slurped, lest you get destroyed.
Beside the Bosphorus
p. 55 of Cannabis Cocktails, Mocktails and Tonics
- 1 Teaspoon Demerara Sugar-essential
- Short pour of Turkish Coffee
- 1 Teaspoon of Cannabutter made to your own potency, start slow!
- Pre-heat Turkish coffee cups – the small ceramic ones, please
- Prepare two portions of Turkish coffee to the correct sweetness with the Demerara Sugar – for you and your guest. Note: I prefer mine medium sweet
- Pour the coffee into two small cups and top with a small measure of cannabutter
- Sip thoughtfully
Warren Bobrow is the CEO of Klaus Apothicaire, a 6x Author, Chef, Barman, Cannabis Alchemist, Master Mixologist. Some of his cannabis awards include: SXSW Cannabis Disruptor 2018, Berlin Bar Convent-Cannabis, and Moscow Bar Show-Master Class-Rum. He is the author of Cannabis Cocktails, Mocktails, and Tonics, Available in Indie Bookstores, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Indigo Books. See his cannabis creations on instagram.