One of my favorite ways to restart the morning after a rambunctious evening is with the cocktail, or mocktail named the Bloody Caesar. In the Northern climes up in Canada they prepare their classic “Bloody Marys” with Clamato juice instead of using just plain tomato juice. The distinct touch of oceanic saline from the clam juice is precisely what is needed in my opinion, to offset the sweet and sometimes spicy elements of the tomato juice.
Besides, everyone has their own way to make a Bloody Mary. Mine is different because of the utter simplicity in the ingredient list. You can also add vodka, gin, white rum, mezcal or even a dose of tequila to your Bloody Good Remedy if desired. It won’t hurt you, unless you add too much. The act of adding alcohol to THC in a craft cocktail is called a cross-fade. The buzz is unique and quite memorable. Add a healthy dropper of cannabis tincture to the libation and enjoy the results. Be sure to drink all your tomato or Clamato juice, because good health comes sip, by sip.
Bloody Good Remedy:
From Cannabis Cocktails, Mocktails and Tonics.
Ingredients (for 2 persons):
- 6 oz. Store Bought Clamato Juice or your favorite Bloody Mary Mix in a bottle
- 60mg Cannabis Tincture of your choice – that makes approximately two 30mg drinks (pretty strong)
- Assorted spices, freshly scraped horseradish, Hot Pepper Sauce from Portugal.
- 1 oz. Alcohol of your choice, gin, vodka, rum, mezcal, or tequila. All are worthy and potent
- Garnishes as outlandish as your oft-dry sense of humor…. (whole fried chicken, an entire tomato pie (sort of like a pizza) cut up into slices on skewers in the top of the drink…, an entire head of celery with an unopened jar of Kalamata olives on the side….)
- Lemon wedges (against Scurvy)
- Fee Brothers Lemon Bitters
- Fill a Boston Shaker (tins) ¾ with ice
- Add the liquor and the cannabis tincture
- Add the Clamato or Bloody Mary Mix
- Add whatever spices you desire
- Cap and shake hard for fifteen seconds or so
- Pour into two pre-chilled Collins glasses filled with fresh ice that doesn’t smell like the fridge
- Squeeze lemon wedges over the top
- Dot with the Fee Brothers Lemon Bitters
- Garnish as you desire