This Fourth of July, we hope you’re inspired to invite some friends over to your apartment for a holiday celebration. It’s a perfect time to try out that new grill or mix up some festive cocktails. From spritzers to shooters to coolers, here are some of our favorite Fourth of July cocktail recipes.
Download the printable Cocktail Recipes for an Epic Fourth of July here!
Star-Spangled Raspberry Spritzer
Made in a highball glass, the spritzer is cool and refreshing. The lime pairs oh so smoothly with the gin, adding a cooling bite to your cocktail. The fresh raspberries give the drink a sweetness and a vibrant red color that’s perfect for a star-spangled holiday.
- 1 ½ oz gin
- 1 oz simple syrup
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- Fresh raspberries
- Lime slice
- Muddle 2 raspberries at the bottom of the glass
- Add gin, simple syrup and lime juice
- Fill each glass with ice and top with seltzer
- Garnish with a raspberry and lime slice
Red, White and Blue Shooters
These tri-colored shooters are perfect for the Fourth of July. Unlike a red, white and blue jello shot, these shooters need no advance preparation. However, the key to getting three distinct color layers is a smooth, steady pour for each ingredient. If you pour too quickly, you’ll unfortunately end up with a purple shooter.
- 4 oz coconut rum
- 3 oz Kinky Blue liqueur
- 1 oz grenadine
- Add grenadine to the bottom of the glass
- Slowly add Kinky Blue so it forms a layer
- Top by slowly adding coconut rum
If you’re looking for something that will pop like a firecracker, these sizzling margaritas combine jalapeño, lime and honey. The recipe is an adaptation from a blended margarita recipe that was included in our Ultimate Guide to Summertime Drinks. If some of your guests aren’t too keen on a spicy cocktail, just cut back on the jalapeño to make a milder version.
Ingredients (Makes 2):
- 4 oz silver tequila
- ½ cup fresh-squeezed lime juice
- ½ of a large green jalapeño, sliced thin
- 2 oz honey
- 2 Tbsp sea salt
- 2 lime wedges for garnish
- Muddle jalapeño slices and lime juice
- Add tequila and honey, then stir to combine
- Rim each glass with salt by dipping the glass into the margarita mixture and then in a small dish of salt
- Fill each glass with ice and pour in margarita mixture
- Garnish with lime wedge
Blueberry Breeze Cooler
If you’re looking for a summer cocktail that’s easy to make and easy to drink, this Blueberry Breeze Cooler is the perfect combination of summertime flavors. Starting with refreshing lemonade, the addition of fresh mint, blueberries and vodka make this cocktail a delicious way to enjoy Independence Day.
- 1 oz blueberry vodka
- 3 oz lemonade
- Club soda
- Fresh mint
- In a cocktail shaker, mix lemonade and blueberry vodka
- Strain into an ice-filled highball glass
- Top with a splash of club soda
- Garnish with a mint leaf and a toothpick skewered with blueberries
What better way to celebrate Lady Liberty than with a glass of spiked iced tea. Combining bourbon with peach schnapps, this Southern classic instantly evokes the feeling of old Southern front porches, even if you’re sitting on the balcony of your two-bedroom apartment in the city. It’s an easy cocktail to make, and the recipe can easily be scaled for one glass or an entire pitcher.
- 2 parts bourbon
- 1 part peach schnapps
- 3 parts sweetened iced tea
- Lemon to garnish
- Combine ingredients and pour into an ice-filled tall highball glass
- Garnish with a lemon slice
Watermelon Ginger Sparkler
Watermelon is a classic summertime flavor, and it pairs perfectly with the sharpness of ginger and the buzz of vodka. The key to this drink is picking the best watermelon. When choosing your melon, be sure to tap it and listen for that deep hollow thump so you know it will be ripe and juicy. And for a glimpse into what the insides of your melon might look like, check the store’s pre-cut fruit to make sure the cut watermelon looks red and juicy. It’s likely that chopped melon will be similar to the one you’re about to buy. Now mix up your ingredients and you’re set for a perfect Fourth of July with this tasty summer cocktail.
- 2 oz Grey Goose vodka
- 1 chunk watermelon
- 1 slice peeled ginger
- ½ oz simple syrup
- ½ oz fresh lime juice
- Ginger ale
- In a shaker, muddle watermelon, ginger and simple syrup
- Add vodka and lime juice, then fill with ice and shake
- Strain into an ice-filled glass
- Top with ginger ale and garnish with a tiny watermelon wedge